- The renowned Sanlam Art Gallery
Voortrekker Road - Parow
Tel: +27 (0) 21 - 947 3359
- Exhibits simulate local condidtions of our 2 oceans surrounding our magnificent shores & include specimens e.g. sharks, penguins, seals, sun fish and much more. This is specatacle not to be missed.
Open daily 365 days a year 09H30 to 18H00
- Some of Cape Town's finest beaches are within 20 minute's drive time from Pension Marianna, (Blaauwberg, Milnerton and Melkbos). Clifton's famous beaches are a further 40 minute scenic drive and well worth a visit.
- Bellville and Durbanville surrounds offers ideal birding opportunities.
- For boating, vessel charters, sailing and island ferries.
- The Equestrian Centre
Tel: 021 9763968
- Visit the famous landmark and one of the Cape's BIG 6.
- GRAND WEST CASINO, Inner City Sun International Casino Complex and entertainment centre.
- Durbanville Craft Market - takes place on the first Saturday of the month as well as every Saturday during the December festive season.
- Green Market Square - held in the heart of Cape Town this in one of Cape Town's oldest and most popular markets. A real treat for a day out.
Open: Mon - Fri 09H00 - 16H00 & Sat 09H00 - 15H00
- Houtbay Craft Market - Takes place every Sunday with a large variety of African curios, pottery, wire crafts, Ostrich eggs, wooden sculptures and on occasion pony rides.
Tel: 021 - 790 3474
- Kirstenbosch Craft Market - takes place on the last Sunday of the month except for closing in June, July and August (Winter months). In December the market takes place on two Sundays. Entrance is free.
Tel: 021 - 671 5468 (Enquiries)
DURBANVILLE NATURE RESERVE
- This reserve, in the heart of Durbanville, is unique in that it is situated in an entirely endangered veld type. Nature lovers will find species of Renosterveld Coastal fynbos and Mountain fynbos side by side. Rare and endangered species like Aristea lugens and Serruria Brownii are found here. This is a birdwatcher's paradise, with unusual species that thrive in this combination veld. Picnicing is permissible and guided walks can be organised.
CONTACT: Rust & Vrede 021 - 970 3174
- BELL'S GOLF ACADEMY - 021 - 9485673
- BELLVILLE GOLF COURSE - 021 913 3100
- DEVONVALE GOLF COURSE - 021 - 888 4735
- DURBANVILLE GOLF COURSE - 021 - 975 4834
- ERINVALE GOLF COURSE - 021 - 847 1144
- Durbanville Race Course offers weekly horse racing.
Tel: 021 - 976 5945
- 407 Canal Walk
Tel: +27 (0)21 - 529 8100
- West Coast Ostrich Ranch - 20 minute drive from Durbanville with a restaurant, curio shop, leather factory, tea garden and playground for the kids.
Tel: 021 - 975 7017
- Downhill Adventures offers quadbiking thrills for the outdoor enthusiasts.
RATANGA JUNCTION THEME PARK
- Entertainment and theme park. Fun for the entire family. Restaurants and stalls.
- For a concise listing of places to eat, drink and be merry use this informative website.
- Just 12 kms from Cape Town, this world heritage site is not to be missed. Take a ferry ride from the V & A Waterfront to Robben Island for and informative and funfilled day.
ROSE GARDEN (DURBANVILLE)
- The Durbanville Rose Garden is open to the public year round and is a firm favourite for wedding photography.
OPEN: Mon to Sun 08H00 to Sundown
Tel: 021 - 948 1744
- RUST & VREDE ART GALLERY & CAFE
History & Culture Art Gallery
10 Wellington Road
Tel +27 21 9764691
OPEN: Mon - Fri: 09:00 - 17:00
OPEN: Saturday: 08:30 - 12:30
- Explore the exciting world of the ocean's apex predator and take yourself off on an adrenalin advenuture of a lifetime. Surface viewing or cage diving with the ocean's apex predator with Brian McFarlane's professional and highly experienced team in Gansbaai.
- Magical views, winding walkways, inquisitive rock rabbits and masses of indigenous flora. An unequalled cable car ride!
- EXTREME FLIGHT ADVENTURE!!!! - The only civilian operator to offer supersonic flights in former military jets.
Africa's first toboggan track. A Summer version of the thrilling winter sport on steel as opposed to snow. For ages 8 and upwards.
TYGERBERG NATURE RESERVE
- The 278ha reserve in the Tygerberg Hills is situated in the extremely endangered West Coast Renoster veld type. From "The Viewpoint" in the reserve, the Cape Peninsula can be seen in all its splendour. Hiking trails named after animals, cover 7680m and can comfortably be walked in 2 hours.
- Specialising in the breeding of rare and endangered wildlife. Approximately 150 enclosures of antelope, birds, zebra, reptiles, chimpanzeez and more.
- Situated between Robben Island and Table Mountain in the heart of Cape Town's working harbour, the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront has become South Africa's most visited destination. Live, work, shop and play at the V&A Waterfront.
- The biggest multipurpose indoor venue and sporrs facility in the city with the only internation Indoor Cycling Track in the Western Cape. Often a great venue for international rock performances.
Tel: +27 (0) 21 949 7450